Pudhchya varshi laukar ya!!

If one can wake up feeling fresh at 7 in the morning, and talk in one's normal voice, the day after the visarjan - one is not doing it right. One can't just start the day without an "aahh, kaal payanchi vaat lagli re!" (my feet hurt so bad).
The Ganpati season, as I call it, has always been my favourite among all festivals. As a kid, it meant yummy prasad, a long, beautiful aarti, and of course - holidays! But as I grew up, the season became more than all that. It meant natak practices, dance practices, programmes, games et cetera. It is one time of the year when all the society comes together and there's no 'chhota-bada'. One time of the year when absolute non-dancers dance for 4 hours straight. Five days of sheer happiness.
Also, sometimes, my birthday falls on one of the five days. Makes me extra happy! (Yes, I love birthdays and cakes and gifts; no, do not ask me to grow up).
This year, for me, was better than the rest. For one, I now am a college student - which means no getting up early morning; I could stay at the mandap for as long as I wanted and nobody minded. I could go for late-night natak practices and Aai wouldn't say anything. I could go for the visarjan without having Aai say "Gargi, udya shala ahe. Ghari laukar ye." (School tomorrow, dont be late).
Second, I felt..big. Never before had I stayed out till 2 at night. Nor was I this involved in the Ganpati, earlier. This year was different. Yes. It was more memorable than the rest. The inside jokes, the things I learnt, and oh - the puns. Puns, puns everywhere! Definitely the best five days of the year.
It wouldn't have been the same without the jokers whom I worked with in the natak, who were my main source of entertainment! And for that, I thank them. Haha, kidding. No, not kidding. Okay, suit yourself.
~Happiness is the Ganpati season, n'est-ce pas?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts