Hiatus is over

It's late-ish evening, Malini Rajurkar is singing raag Bihag. I'm home alone for a little while, and I'm trying to sing-along... And failing, for the most part.
I haven't updated my blog in a long, long time. I've written, I swear. Just nothing I'd like everyone to read.

I've been in a crap mood for almost a month now. I went on a trek in the Himalayas, and I couldn't complete it... Because the cold got to me. There, I said it. I know what you're thinking - what was I expecting if not cold? The smart ones would go one step ahead and ask me if I was even wearing a jacket. What do you think? I just wore cotton capris and a tank to- Oh I was supposed to carry a jacket? Oops.

So then I realised last week I'd sulked enough. I hadn't touched a book in months. My Sarod had been inside its case forever. My handwriting had gone to trash because when I felt like writing, I couldn't find a pen, and ended up typing instead. The good clothes section in my wardrobe was like I'd left it before leaving for the trek. I decided it was finally time to snap out of it.

I brought new pens. I'm very particular about the pens I use. They're these use-and-throw kind ball pens which are just ksjkmaxd. I brought a new notebook so I could do some"studying" on my own, before college began. I saw a movie with Aai and it was really good! Spent the next day with my friends from school. Borrowed a book from a friend - it's Paper Towns by John Green, if you're wondering. I can almost see a couple of my friends grinning right now. I'm yet to finish it, though. I took out my Sarod, learnt a new raag, got hooked to it. Spent today afternoon with girlfriends - eating unlimited pizza and manchurian (bizarre combination, I know, but hey, it was delicious. Judge away). Signing up for French classes with the other best friend tomorrow.
Just like that, life got better. No, I made it better. Jk jk I asked it politely and it agreed to be good to me.

Thing is, I have always had confidence in me. At 9,000 feet above sea level, I lost it. It was the scariest thing. But I learned something. You need to have people who love you unconditionally. Unconditionally, literally. And you need to be one of those people yourself, before anyone else. If you manage that, you're already better than you think.

After all, it's all in your head, n'est-ce pas?

PS I can literally think of at least 15 quotes from Harry Potter that could be used in the post. It was hard to leave them out, but I had to or this post would be a Harry Potter appreciation post, heh. All hail Rowling, anyway!

Comments

Popular Posts