loving me (is also easy)

you should know, it's very easy to be in love
with me
but if you want to love me...
well, you could start with

gathering jewellery that i constantly
leave in odd places around the house -
earrings on the bedside table, next to a big nose pin
in an afternoon of laze after a morning of looking fancy;
or the helix piercing earrings precariously resting on a
shampoo bottle cap,
oh, and my usual ring atop the microwave -
both removed from my person
to be protected from soapy fingers and large drain holes,
somehow forgotten later.

then, for when i'm writing and need a perfect synonym,
you must carry a thesaurus (or be one!)
to ensure an unending supply of words and phrases,
words and phrases i will reject and reject and reject
until i think of something myself,
rendering your unending supply useless -
unless, of course i abandon the idea entirely - but
not without being grumpy about it.

let me hum to you the last song on repeat,
show you the moon as it looks to me,
send you words in prose and poems and essays,
let me tell you funny things, interspersed with bouts of laughter,
and invite you to make a collaborative playlist.
or...
let me write you this poem.

you'll learn that loving me is also easy.

Comments

Popular Posts